PhD positions in Nanoscience of Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Material Science, and related
100% positions for 4 years,
earliest starting date: 1. January 2019
The Swiss Nanoscience Institute (SNI) at the University of Basel invites highly motivated scientists to apply for the SNI PhD program in Nanoscience. The eight successful PhD candidates will join an attractive interdisciplinary programme together with the 30 currently supported scientists. The available positions cover a wide variety of topics, including cutting edge quantum physics and chemistry, material science, nanotechnology, biochemistry and cell biology.
The following projects are available:
- Bioinspired nanoscale drug delivery systems for efficient targeting and safe in vivo application
- From Schrödinger's equation to biology: Unsupervised quantum machine learning for directed evolution of anti-adhesive peptides
- Nanoscale mechanical energy dissipation in quantum systems and 2D-materials
- Picoscopic mass analysis of mammalian cells progressing through the cell cycle
- High-throughput multiplexed microuidics for antimicrobial drug discovery
- Image the twist!
- Andreev Spin Qubit (ASQ) in GeSi Nanowires
- Quantum dynamics of an ultracold ion coupled to a nanomechanical oscillator
More information on the individual projects can be found at phd.nanoscience.ch
We are looking for very motivated researchers with a Master's degree in Natural Sciences, ideally in a topic relevant for the respective project. All projects require the abilities to work independently, interact with other researchers, presentation skills, and a solid basis in scientific research.
We offer you
- Excellent scientific and social environment
- Very competitive employment conditions
- Membership in a very supportive and recognised community
Application / Contact
More information and the online application form can be found at phd.nanoscience.ch . For questions please contact the head of the SNI PhD programme, Dr. Andreas Baumgartner (firstname.lastname@example.org), or directly the respective project leaders. The complete application has to be submitted before 31 December 2018. Please note that the decision to fill a given vacancy can be taken at any time from now.