Professor of Business Administration at the Faculty of Business Administration (100%; FoB19-02)
Berlin International is a University of Applied Sciences with a distinct international focus, founded in 2014. We teach all our study programs in English. For the Faculty of Business Administration, we are looking for a
Professor of Business Administration (100%)
The Faculty of Business Administration offers bachelor’s degree programs both in Business Administration and Digital Business & Management. To support our continuous growth, we are looking for a new professor with an international background as well as substantial professional and academic experience. The position includes teaching in the bachelor’s degree programs as well as in future master’s degree programs. With its distinct interdisciplinary approach, the Faculty of Business Administration is looking for applicants who are able and disposed to teach across all its business programs. Professors are also expected and supported to conduct (applied) research projects.
The applicants should have expertise in analyzing the impact of the digital transformation on business models, management and leadership. The consideration of the repercussions of the digital transformation on the management of businesses should be an important element of their teaching. Links to relevant industries and institutions as well as an interdisciplinary and intercultural teaching background are expected.
A focus in one of the following areas is preferred: Finance and Investment; Accounting; International Management; Entrepreneurship; Statistics and/or Big Data Analysis; Digital Business and Management/Platform Economy.
We expect the successful candidate to contribute to the development of the faculty’s degree programs and the Faculty of Business Administration in general as well as to carry out administrative duties at the university. The job responsibilities further involve the active extension of networks for future co-operation.
Minimum job requirements:
- Applicants must fulfil the requirements for professorships at Universities of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschulen) in accordance with the Berlin Higher Education Act, §100.
- A PhD, preferably in business administration, computer science, social sciences, operations research, or other related areas. The degree transcript needs to be attached to the application.
- At least 5 years of practical experience out of which a minimum of 3 years must have been outside the university context.
- Teaching experience.
- Very good English language skills (teaching language).
- Intercultural awareness and competence preferably from earning university degrees abroad or international work experience.
- A strong interest in contributing to the continuous growth of Berlin International University of Applied Sciences.
Additional essential requirements:
- Additional language skills, especially in German.
- Solid understanding of the development of the digital world (players, processes, tools, business models, …).
Additional preferred requirements:
- Experience in project-based teaching.
- Expertise in design thinking.
Please hand in your application as one PDF document that contains a cover letter demonstrating research and teaching interests, a CV with attachments (including attested certificates of education) listing relevant practical experiences, research (including a list of publications, lectures, awards, and professional memberships), and a list with teaching experiences. Any additional documents relevant for the position are welcome.
The post is going to be filled by October 1st, 2019. This is a fulltime (100%) position. Residence in Berlin is expected. Please send your complete application (one PDF file) including all relevant documents by May 12th, 2019 to the following email address: email@example.com
Berlin International University of Applied Sciences
“Professor of Business Administration (100%; FoB19-02)”
Employer's other advertisements
Professor in Business Administration, with specialisation in consumer marketing
Open Position: for a Scientific Coordinator, or Master in Science
University of Basel Basel
University of Basel Basel
Postdoctoral Researcher in High Voltage Gas Circuit Breakers
ETH Zurich Zurich
PhD position - Mobility Information Engineering
ETH Zurich Zurich