Postdoc in DevOps
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Skolan för industriell teknik och management
A research topic at the division of Mechatronics, KTH Royal Institute of Technology is the interoperability of engineering data and tools across the product lifecycle. This for instance relates to the DevOps principles. The aim is to develop systems that address the interface between machine design, embedded systems and software engineering. The unit has contributed to several European initiatives within this context, for instance in projects associated with ARTEMIS, EIT Digital, ITEA3 and Horizon 2020. The division works in close alignment with industry, including Volvo, ABB, Scania and Ericsson, to apply and transfer results from research to industry.
The industrial pain-points of the future development of Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS) include the difficulty in integrating the heterogeneous data, tools and experts required for successful development and maintenance. Tools and data silos need to be smoothly integrated throughout the engineering disciplines and work flows, and across the boundaries between software management, product management and operations professionals. This is at the cornerstone of the DevOps principles, focused on increasing the automation of software integration, testing, deployment and operation, with utilization of immediate feedback loops on and between all parties.
We are now announcing a vacancy for a 1 year postdoc position, with the possibility for a 1 year extension. The topic is the visual analytics of the development of CPS according to DevOps principles. Most of the research will be conducted in close cooperation with and onsite at large industrial stakeholders within the Swedish industry. This includes the Swedish aerospace and defense company SAAB AB, which provides the global market with more than 500 state-of-the-art products for military defense and civil security.
Core tasks of the postdoc position will involve:
- Research into the visualization and manipulation of data transferred across the DevOps lifecycle, i.e. allowing operations to understand software development and vice versa
- Research into the Key Performance Indicators (KPI) of value to DevOps processes
- Research into the application of expert models and artificial intelligence to enable predictive analytics for issues in DevOps processes
Additionally the applicant will spend the maximum of 1 day a week with supporting courses and master thesis students. It is expected that this will be done in synergy with the core tasks mentioned above, e.g. through the recruitment of master thesis students to support them.
What we offer
- International workplace.
- A leading technical university that creates knowledge and expertise for a sustainable future.
- Here you get colleagues with high ambitions in an open, curious and dynamic environment.
To qualify for this position, you must have:
- PhD in mechatronics, embedded systems or software engineering, or an equivalent foreign degree
- Proven skills in programming
- Proven skill in written and verbal English
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
Furthermore, it is considered meritorious if you have:
- Experience from software engineering, product development and agile work practices
- Familiarity with Web and Cloud technology
- Awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality
- Proven skill in being able to work in a team, both in an industrial and academic context
- Experience in conducting trials focused on visualization and/or visual analytics
- Proven skill in being able to take independent action
- Experience in supervising master students
- Work experience from large-scale industrial software development
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
The application must include:
CV including relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Copy of diplomas and grades from your previous university studies. Translations into English or Swedish if the original documents have not been issued in any of these languages.
- Brief account of why you want to conduct research, your academic interests and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. Max two pages long.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
The position is a fixed term employment.
About the employment
The position offered is still valid for at least two years.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: Temporary position longer than 6 months
Working hours: Full time
Salary: Monthly salary
Reference number: M-2019-2002
Last application date: 2019-11-29
Employer's other advertisements
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Postdoctoral fellow within infrared imaging
Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU) Akershus
University of Basel Basel
Assistenzarzt/ärztin im Bereich Innere Medizin/Sportmedizin
University of Basel Basel
Doktorand/in für Geschlechterforschung
University of Basel Basel