Doctoral student in Affinity Proteomics
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Skolan för kemi, bioteknologi och hälsa
Third-cycle subject: Biotechnology
The division of Affinity Proteomics at the Department of Protein Science at KTH Royal Institute of Technology and SciLifeLab in Stockholm is looking for a PhD-student within a project entitled Immunoassay development and clinical validation in CSF and blood for dementias . The project is a part of the Multi-omics Interdisciplinary Research Integration to Address DEmentia diagnosis (MIRIADE)" H2020-MSCA-ITN-2019 Innovative Training Network, see https://miriade.eu/
The PhD-student will work with affinity proteomics methods and their applications both in terms of lab work and data analysis. Initially, the focus will be to develop immunoassay methods for analysis of proteins reflecting ongoing disease processes in patients with different forms of dementia. The methods will then be applied for analysis of blood and cerebrospinal fluid samples from the patients and their potential as clinically applied markers will be evaluated. The student will learn to do data analysis on proteomic data, interpret the results and get the chance to present them at national and international meetings as well as in peer-reviewed journals.
The MIRIADE ITN is highly integrated and the appointee will have the opportunity to acquire additional skills through regular meetings, workshops and seminars, and through a secondment to another partner in the MIRIADE network.
See more: https://www.scilifelab.se/researchers/peter-nilsson/
Supervision: The doctoral student will be placed at the KTH Royal Institute of Technology and supervised by: Professor Peter Nilsson and Anna Månberg.
What we offer
- The possibility to study in a dynamic and international research environment in collaboration with industries and prominent universities from all over the world.
- A compulsory individual study plan to support your development in your area of interest.
- A workplace with many employee benefits and monthly salary according to KTH s Doctoral student salary agreement .
- A postgraduate education at an institution that is active and supportive in matters pertaining to working conditions, gender equality and diversity as well as study environment.
- Work and study in Stockholm, one of Europe s fastest growing capitals, which is close to both nature and the sea.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH .
- Work within cutting edge research in the biotechnology field
To be admitted to postgraduate education (Chapter 7, 39 Swedish Higher Education Ordinance), the applicant must have basic eligibility in accordance with either of the following:
- Passed a degree at advanced level (Master of science in biotechnology, biochemistry, cell biology or similar)
- Completed course requirements of at least 240 higher education credits, of which at least 60 higher education credits at advanced level, or in any other way acquired within or outside the country acquired essentially equivalent knowledge.
- Language requirement according to KTH guidelines
- Entitled to work in the EU.
- Not more than four years of research experience at the date of recruitment and not have a doctoral degree.
- The position is open to applicants from any country in the world, provided they have not carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Sweden for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date.
- Previous experience in affinity proteomics, data analysis and R.
In order to succeed as an doctoral student at KTH you need to be goal oriented and persevering in your work. In the selection of the applicants, the following will be assessed:
- ability to independently pursue his or hers work,
- ability to collaborate with others,
- have a professional approach and
- analyse and work with complex issues.
After the qualification requirements, great emphasis will be placed on personal qualities and personal suitability.
Target degree: Doctoral degree
Information regarding admission and employment
Only those admitted to postgraduate education may be employed as a doctoral student. The total length of employment may not be longer than what corresponds to full-time doctoral education in four years ' time. An employed doctoral student can, to a limited extent (maximum 20%), perform certain tasks within their role, e.g. training and administration. A new position as a doctoral student is for a maximum of one year, and then the employment may be renewed for a maximum of two years at a time.
You will find contact information for union representatives on KTH's website .
Doctoral section (Students union on KTH Royal Institute of Technology)
You will find contact information for doctoral section on the section's website .
Apply for the position and admission through KTH's recruitment system. It is the applicant s responsibility to ensure that the application is complete in accordance with the instructions in the advertisement.
Applications must be received at the last closing date at midnight, CET/CEST (Central European Time/entral European Summer Time).
Applications must include the following elements:
- CV including your relevant professional experience and knowledge.
- Application letter with a brief description of why you want to pursue research studies, about what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals. (Maximum 2 pages long)
- Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions and certificates of fulfilled language requirements .These need to be translated into English or Swedish if the original documents are not issued in one of these languages.
- Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: Temporary position longer than 6 months
Working hours: Full time
Salary: Monthly salary according to kth's doctoral student salary agreement
Reference number: C-2020-0222
Last application date: 2020-03-13
Employer's other advertisements
Assistant Professor in Entrepreneurship, SMEs or Strategic Management (tenure track, 100%)
University of St. Gallen Switzerland
University of Basel Basel
2 Postdoc positions in new energy conversion technologies for the fossil free energy system
Technical University of Denmark (DTU) Lyngby-Taarbæk
Postdoc in data-driven mobility pattern analysis
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan Stockholm
University of Eastern Finland - UEF Finland