Postdoc. position in carbohydrate polymer (bio)chemistry
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan, Skolan för kemi, bioteknologi och hälsa
The research in the Division of Glycoscience is focused on various areas of Glycobiology, comprising fundamental research on plants and microorganisms, as well as biotechnological developments towards carbohydrate-based products. The research requires multidisciplinary approaches that are fully integrated in the Division in the form of interconnected activities in the following areas: Bioenergy, Biomaterials, Biorefinery, Food Sustainability and Disease Control.
The objectives of the postdoc position are to:
- Plan and execute research experiments in the ERA-NET SNAP project, which aims to develop novel products and applications by upgrading and modifying polysaccharides from cultivated brown algae and wild harvested brown and red algae;
- Communicate and disseminate the research results with academic collaborators and industrial partners, as well as the public.
The postdoc will work within the following research areas:
- Carbohydrate-active enzymes related to the degradation and modification of polysaccharides from brown algae.
- Characterization of the structure and properties of polysaccharides from brown alge;
- Design and characterization of functional materials based on cellulose, alginate and fucoidan from cultivated brown algae.
The postdoc will be responsible for:
- Planning and executing research experiments;
- Analyzing experimental data and reporting research results;
- Writing scientific publications;
- Communicating with group members and collaborators;
- Assisting with in-lab supervision of master students.
What we offer
- International workplace.
- A leading technical university that creates knowledge and expertise for a sustainable future.
- Here you get colleagues with high ambitions in an open, curious and dynamic environment.
- Help to relocate and be settled in Sweden and at KTH
- The applicant should have a solid knowledge in surface and colloidal (carbohydrate) chemistry, materials chemistry, polymer chemistry, biochemistry, and enzyme technology applied to biomaterials in general. The applicant should have a good track record of scientific production.
- A doctoral degree or an equivalent foreign degree, obtained within the last three years prior to the application deadline.
Great emphasis will be placed on personal competence and suitability.
- Research expertise
- Educational ability
- Awareness of diversity and equal treatment issues with a particular focus on gender equality
Trade union representatives
You will find contact information to trade union representatives at KTH's webbpage .
Log into KTH's recruitment system in order to apply to this position. You are the main responsible to ensure that your application is complete according to the ad.
Your complete application must be received at KTH no later than the last day of application, midnight CET/CEST (Central European Time/Central European Summer Time).
About the employment
Time-limited employment for 1 year, with the possibility of extension for one more year.
A position as a postdoctoral fellow is a time-limited qualified appointment focusing mainly on research, intended as a first career step after a dissertation.
Gender equality, diversity and zero tolerance against discrimination and harassment are important aspects of KTH's work with quality as well as core values in our organization.
For information about processing of personal data in the recruitment process please read here.
We firmly decline all contact with staffing and recruitment agencies and job ad salespersons.
Disclaimer: In case of discrepancy between the Swedish original and the English translation of the job announcement, the Swedish version takes precedence.
Type of employment: Temporary position longer than 6 months
Working hours: Full time
Reference number: C-2020-0361
Last application date: 2020-03-16
Employer's other advertisements
Assistant Professor in Entrepreneurship, SMEs or Strategic Management (tenure track, 100%)
University of St. Gallen Switzerland
University of Basel Basel
2 Postdoc positions in new energy conversion technologies for the fossil free energy system
Technical University of Denmark (DTU) Lyngby-Taarbæk
Postdoc in data-driven mobility pattern analysis
Kungliga Tekniska högskolan Stockholm
University of Eastern Finland - UEF Finland